I know I’ve already posted a banana cake recipe but since then, I’ve started experimenting and after three successful attempts, I just had to share it with you all. It’s such a quick recipe that doesn’t take much of your time. It’s moist and stays light and fluffy the next day. Even if you refrigerate them, just pop them into the microwave for about 30 seconds (depending on how strong your microwave is) and they’ll be as amazing as if you just baked them!
My Mum is one of my hardest critics but she is also one of my biggest inspirations. She’s also a lover of bananas. This recipe has her nod of approval and with that, let’s get into this.
What you’ll need: (With this recipe, I make about 12 large cupcakes)
– For the cupcake version bake for 18-20 minutes. Check them using the skewer insertion method
– For a large cake version bake for 40-45 minutes.
– 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
– 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Add 3/4 cup if you love that extra sugar kick.
– 4 small to medium ripe bananas
– 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
– 1 Tbs. cinnamon spice
– 1/3 cup of milk
– 3 eggs
– 180g melted unsalted butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Line your cupcake tin with baking paper or grease your tin well
3. Mash your bananas until well combined. Large 1cm chunks of banana is fine
4. Whisk your melted butter, milk and eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl until well combined
5. Add your mashed bananas to your whisked wet ingredients and mix until well combined
6. Combine your self-raising flour, cinnamon, sugar and baking powder and mix together so it looks like a dry marinade mix
7. Fold your dry and wet ingredients together until you can’t see anymore flour through the mixture or stuck on the side of the bowls
8. Fill your cupcake tin moulds, dividing it into equals amounts
(I filled mine about 3/4 of the way up)
9. Pop your tin into the oven for 18-20 minutes
10. Rest these babies cool down (if you can) for 5 minutes before devouring
(They won’t stick to the cupcake paper if you let them rest!)
Hope you give this recipe a try. If you do, be sure to leave a comment! I’ll be happy to answer any questions and be happy to try any requests of yours. Hope you’re all having a great week.