Swooping in this week with a Matcha recipe to fill our hearts. Whether you eat this at breakfast or spoil yourself for dessert, it’s the perfect dish for any Matcha lover. Soft and fluffy in the centre and drizzled in creamy citrus goodness hits all the spots. Matcha is also the new craze in the health food world promoting plenty of antioxidants and nutrients to feed the body. So really, we could just gorge on these all the time because they’re ‘healthy’ right? Yeah, probably in my dreams but I do have to admit, this recipe is super easy to make which practically coincides with the first point so, here’s how!
How To: Matcha Poppy Seed Pancakes with Cream Cheese Sauce
Makes approx. 16 pancakes
What you’ll need:
– 2 cups or 360g self-raising flour
– 2 eggs
– 80g matcha latte instant powder
– 1/4 cup of sugar
– 1/4 cup poppy seed
– 1 tsp. vanilla essence
– 440mL of milk
Cream Cheese Sauce
– 125g cream cheese (room temp)
– 2 Tbs. icing sugar
-1 tsp. lemon juice
1. Whisk together flour, eggs, milk, sugar, poppy seed, vanilla essence and match powder together until well combined
2. In a frying pan, lightly spray to grease pan then pour approximately 1/4 cup of pancake batter
3. Fry each side for approximately 3 minutes or until lightly brown then flip to the other side to cook for a further 3 minutes
4. Repeat step 2 and 3 until all batter has been used
For Cream Cheese Sauce
1. Whisk together cream cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice together for about 5 minutes or until well combined then set aside until needed
Assemble pancake stack then consume!
I loved how these pancakes turned out. Soft and fluffy on the outside and a hint of the velvet Matcha taste. I hope you all loved this recipe and do leave a comment if you give it a try!